What’s For Dinner? Volume 11
More dinner ideas, right here! I’ve been on the hunt for dinners I can make for the kids and myself that E can easily take out of the fridge and/or reheat when he gets home from work at 9.
1. Lemon and Herb Pasta Salad – Rachel Ray
2. Spaghetti with Turkey-Pesto Meatballs – Parents Need To Eat Too (I LOVE this cookbook!)
3. Chicken Andouille & Shrimp Jambalaya – Rachel Ray
4. Thai Chicken Pizza – Me! I was out of carrots so I used cucumber. Still delicious!
5. BLT Pasta Salad – The Big Book of Backyard Cooking
6. Grilled Nachos – I bought this tray at Williams-Sonoma with my Christmas gift card and it’s AMAZING.
7. Chicken Satay Naan – Rachel Ray
8. Mango Lime Couscous – Idea from the Weight Watchers Points Plus Cookbook, but I ignored most of the recipe. It’s just whole wheat couscous cooked in vegetable stock, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and a little olive oil, all to taste. I served it with baked Cajun chicken.
I’ve been working towards changing my attitude towards food – redefining “good” food and “bad” food and what I’m “allowed” to eat – so suddenly a whole new world of recipes are open to me and I’m pretty excited. My friend Erin might even have sold me a little on the whole Paleo thing. She sold it with promises of bacon. At this point I feel like I’ve tried every diet in the world and they all WORK…but only until I get bored. I need to figure out what to eat forever.