10 Months

And now back to your regularly scheduled update.

10 Month Milestone Chart from BabyCenter

Mastered Skills (most kids can do)
• Waves goodbye – he waves all the time, but I’m not sure he means “byebye”
• Picks things up with pincer grasp – Yes
• Crawls well, with belly off the ground – Yes, at a speed that can only be described as wicked fast.

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)
• Says “mama” and “dada” to the correct parent – He’s definitely called me mama, but he’s also called the dog and a water bottle mama. And sometimes he calls me “baba”. I haven’t heard him get dada right yet, although if I tell him “Dada’s home!” he crawls to the door.
• Indicates wants with gestures – He knows the sign for “milk” and reaches for things, but no pointing.

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
• Stands alone for a couple of seconds – Stands all the time. Cruises constantly. Walks 10-12 independent steps several times an hour, although he only really started that in the past two days.
• Puts objects into a container – He put his new Sophie in a pot yesterday. I think he wanted some giraffe soup. Which I would totally give him if I knew where to get some giraffe.

So to sum up, motor skills and physical development are great and a little ahead of the curve. Mental and verbal development are decidedly average. Personality is still very happy and easy going 90% of the time and angry hell-demon the other 10%, but I still think he’s the best baby in the world.

Related posts:

I was doing better when all he ate was milk
BlogHer12 Recap In Photos And Bad Poetry
Lincoln: 3 Months

Tags: , , , , ,

3 Responses to “10 Months”

  1. Mom2Miles says:

    Happy 10-mo. birthday, Mr. Stinkpants! I have a chubby-thighed, red-haired, paper-eater, too, who I’m sure would be a great pal for you. :)

  2. Michelle says:

    That was fun! I just started a “Carson’s Mailbag” where Carson answers reader questions. So far, I’m the only one who has asked a question, so I don’t know if it will pan out, but I feel like maybe Baby Evan & Carson might have some things in common–starting with an undying love of the boob!!

  3. […] Evan 10 months, Caroline 10 months, Lincoln 10 months […]

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge

Get Adobe Flash player